Thursday 26 September 2019

My review for Fat Dogs and French Estates book four.


My wife got her hands on 'Fat Dogs and French Estates #4' as soon as it arrived at our house, so it slipped down my reading list for a short while - something I have remedied in the last month. Here's my review. I gave it a well deserved five stars.
I have enjoyed reading this series sharing Beth and Jack's new life in rural France and was understandably excited to dive into the latest installment - I certainly wasn't disappointed.
Beth Haslam is a master story-teller, turning the apparently mundane tasks of everyday live into a gripping and enjoyable tale. Book four also brings tears and personal tragedy, a shocking insight into the horrific storm which ravaged France and a wry look at the frustrations of dealing with French bureaucracy.
More than anything, this fourth episode of this excellent memoir series reflects Beth and Jack's love for their dog Sam, the wildlife, countryside and people of France, and their wonderful home.
Fat Dogs and French Estates book four is a cracker. I look forward to reading number five.
Fat Dogs and French Estates number four


No comments:

Post a Comment